I talk about visibility all the time with my clients as it’s such a vital element of business success. If your super customer doesn’t know you exist, how are they going to buy your products or services? You can find more information about online visibility HERE.
The COVID-19 pandemic is still high on our radar as business owners. Many of us wonder what the future will hold. However, while we recognise there has been a massive downturn in business for some sectors, other industries have seen an increase in revenue. What have they done differently?
Learning to adapt your business
The first action step I take with new clients is to discover who their ideal client is. There may be a few fluctuations thanks to the coronavirus, but at the core, your customers will still be the same. How you continue to serve them under the current circumstances is what helps you stand out from the crowd.
Virtual networking and Zoom meetings are a normal way of life for businesses these days. Where people may have avoided online interaction before the pandemic, they are certainly embracing it now. I’ve even heard a heart-warming story about an 88-year-old lady downloading the Zoom app to enable her to keep in touch with her speech and language therapist.
My Top Tips!
How can you adapt your business to match the needs of your super customer? Here are a few of the SEO Angel’s top tips for you:
- Be honest – none of us has a clear outline of how this pandemic is going to have a lasting effect on our economy. Letting your clients know what’s going on with your business will keep the lines of communication open.
- Update, update, update – keep your customers up to date with news of your services and products. Even if you’ve had to close your doors temporarily, it’s wise to stay in contact, so your clients don’t forget you and go elsewhere.
- Stay visible –visibility is key. Share regular content by way of blog posts, social media content, or website updates. Keep your business at the forefront of your customers’ mind.
- Go virtual – look at moving any workshops and networks online. Share how-to videos of your products or services. I’ve seen a rise in ‘how-to cut your own hair’ videos recently. Can you package one of your products for delivery, or offer bundles to up-sell?
- Be different – there have been so many innovative ways to keep customers engaged and attract a new audience. There was a fabulous email shared on LinkedIn by an independent hotel who have used the lockdown to re-furbish. The owner shared highlights, fun anecdotes, and the ongoing process with his audience, thereby keeping the hotel in mind for many looking for a getaway once restrictions lift. A play on words may allow you to use your brand or business name in a fun way that provides humour alongside the support. By looking for a unique angle, you can boost your businesses profile and have a memorable impact.
Why SEO is so important
There are many other ideas you could use to adapt your business, but an essential piece of advice I can offer is:
invest in your SEO.
SEO stands for search engine optimisation and is used to boost your online content, so it appears at the top of search pages.
At SEO Angel we do not focus on SEO alone in terms of organic search traffic, we SEO your whole business from the ground up! We help you build strong business foundations. Our experience tells us, this attains the best results. So what steps can you take to improve your visibility?
Improve Your Visibility!
E-Commerce has seen a steady rise as we continue to shop online during the pandemic. It’s encouraging to see sales being made with local businesses at the heart as our communities come together to support each other. Having an SEO strategy in place is essential to improve the visibility of your goods, and it’s worth noting that by using SEO you are ten times more likely to convert a lead into a sale than by using any other form of web traffic.
Think about the panic buying that took place at the start of the pandemic. Although toilet paper is now back on our shelves (thankfully), some other products and services are selling out faster than they can be produced. Scarcity feeds sales. By implementing a solid SEO strategy, you can place your product in front of a willing audience. A great example is afternoon tea boxes. There are small bakeries across the country now delivering boxes of goodies as we celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and national holidays at home. Using SEO to leverage your brand will encourage more messages of ‘sorry, sold out this week.’
As a business owner, I understand that times are hard, and money may be tight. Spending money on advertising will have dropped to the bottom of your marketing and sales to-do list. Interestingly, Google search ads lost 7% of their impressions from January 13th to March 9th 2020. SEO, however, saw a sharp upward trend during the same period.
SEO is a Smart Investment
SEO IS a smart investment. Whether your super customers are buying or not at the moment, they are still searching online, and you want to be at the forefront of their mind when it’s time to buy again.
Sharing regular SEO rich content is a cost-effective strategy for any business, but how can you do this?
- Regular content – it’s no good sharing for sharing sake. Your content needs to be of interest to your audience, identify your ideal client, thoroughly! address their pain points, and offer solutions. Hopefully, your super customer has stayed with you throughout the pandemic, but what about new potential clients? You need to start building trust into that virtual relationship, so they remember you and become one of your loyal customers in the future. Building trust means sharing honest, authentic, and relevant content.
- Drop the sell, sell, sell campaigns – it’s never a good idea to go for the hard sell as this will discourage people from buying or working with you. As consumers, we want to be wooed. Avoiding the sales campaign at the moment, and opting for a more supportive and comforting approach will eventually manifest into sales further down the line. We will remember who helped us and how it felt to feel supported. Offering advice, tips, guidance, and helpful answers are more relevant to your audience.
- Answer those queries – if your customers are asking questions, create content that offers them the answers. The ‘how-to cut your own hair’ is a perfect example. An accountant sharing content about the self-employed government fund will attract new clients due to the helpful nature of the tip.
- Update your Google My Business page – don’t neglect this free resource, it’s a perfect platform for keeping your customers aware of any changes to your opening hours.
Eventually, the world will return to some sort of new normality, whatever that may be. Our business needs and goals may be different when this happens but one this is certain, SEO will remain the number one marketing tool to drive traffic to your website and convert leads into sales of your products and services.
Investing in SEO now gets you to the front of the queue when the world starts turning fully again. Be ahead of the competition and make that investment today.
Need More Help
Let’s Get Visible!
We offer a ‘Lets Get Visible’ definitive guide that shows all the issues facing your digital visibility. All the issues all in one place, to give you a focus, a starting point, a strategy to follow.
Why do you need a ‘Let’s Get Visible’ report?
Well, you may be looking at your business or starting a business online and you want to attract your ideal client, they come to you so you don’t need to find them!
How do you do it?
This report is your starting point, your guide, your helping hand.
Would you like more information? Click here.
Let’s Get Successful!
Once you have received your report, you are unsure if you are performing the tasks correctly?
You need guidance and advice, you need an Angel on your shoulder.
We are also pleased to offer a 1 hour SEO coaching call.
We take you through all the issues in the report and guide you on how to complete the most important issues.
Want more information? Click here.
- How SEO & Business Development BROUGHT ME BACK TO LIFE!!
- Social Media Channels are Search Engines too! (Can your ideal client find YOU?)
- Why NOW is the right time to invest in SEO!!
- Why a Content Plan for your Website is Essential (& how to create one)
- How to Boost Your Online Visibility (in easy practical steps!!)